On Vietnam Airline’s flights, passengers are offered baggage allowance as followings:
Moreover, each passenger can take personal items on board (free of charge):
An umbrella or walking stick (except one with metal-filled sharp pointed end).
A pair of crutches and/or braces or other prosthetic device for the passenger's use.
A laptop computer.
Infant’s carrying basket or bassinet
In addition to the ticketed allowance baggage, Lotusmiles members are offered an enomous benefit as below:
|Priority baggage SkyPriority tags||-||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Extra baggage allowance||when weight system applied||-||+10 kgs||+ 15 kgs||+ 25 kgs|
|when piece system applied||-||01 piece||01 piece||01 piece|
1. Any items that exceeds weight, dimensions mentioned above may be rejected
2. The free baggage allowance might be different for carriers. If you are connecting to another carrier or if you are taking any Vietnam Airlines code sharing flight (which operated by other airlines), please refer Interline Baggage Rule for more details.
If your baggage is over free baggage allowance, you are still able to buy excess baggage through agency before the plane takes off 12 hours to save money and time at airport.
|No.||DOMESTIC FLIGHTS||PRICE/ 01 PACKAGE|
and Ho Chi Minh City, Nha Trang, Buon Me Thuot, Da Lat, Can Tho, Qui Nhon, Phu Quoc, Pleiku
|12 USD||24 USD|
and Da Nang, Hue, Vinh, Chu Lai
|6 USD||12 USD|
|3||Between Ho Chi Minh city
and Hai Phong, Vinh, Dong Hoi, Thanh Hoa
|12 USD||24 USD|
|4||Between Ho Chi Minh city
and Da Nang, Hue, Buon Me Thuot, Nha Trang, Da Lat, Qui Nhon, Phu Quoc, Pleiku
|6 USD||12 USD|
|5||Between Da Nang
and Nha Trang, Hai Phong, Buon Me Thuot, Da Lat
|6 USD||12 USD|
|Block 05 KG||Block 10 KG|
|ZONE A||ZONE B||ZONE C||ZONE A||ZONE B||ZONE C|
|ZONE A||20 USD||30 USD||40 USD||40 USD||60 USD||80 USD|
|ZONE B||30 USD||50 USD||50 USD||60 USD||60 USD||100 USD|
|ZONE C||40 USD||50 USD||50 USD||80 USD||100 USD||100 USD|
• Zone A: Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore and Hong Kong.
• Zone B: China, Taiwan, Korea and Japan.
• Zone C: Australia, France, Germany, United kingdom and Russia.
1. Infants under 2 years old are not allowed to purchase checked baggage
2. Price list is only applied for flights on Vietnam Airlines and operated by Vietnam Airlines
3. Price list is not applied for some short domestic sectors operated by small aircraft ATR72 (for more details, please contact to agency )
4. Pre-paid baggage is required to be purchased at least 12 hours prior to departure time
5. Passengers can choose to buy 1 type of block (5kg or 10kg) or both types (5kg and 10kg), however the sum must not exceed 10 blocks
6. Pre-paid baggage could not be endorsed, rerouted, refunded and/or exchanged to other services or tickets.
7. Vietnam Airlines Temporarily stop selling EMD-A prepaid baggage on the flights from Japan to HAN/SGN/DAD (including domestic/international flights) departing during the following periods
+ From 01/11/2017 to 19/03/2018 : VN351, VN357;
+ From 01/11/2017 to 28/02/2018 : VN303, VN319;
+ From 28/10/2017 to 25/03/2018 : VN341, VN347.
8. Special baggages: Pets, Sport baggage, transportation services, infant strollers, wheelchairs for the disabled kindly contact to agency for more details.
All items in one of the categories below are prohibited from shipping in checked baggage and hand baggage in Vietnam Airlines flights.
In case of detection of a prohibited item in a checked baggage or hand baggage of a passenger, the security officers at the airport shall be entitled to confiscate (non-refundable) Do not break Vietnamese law as prescribed.
Grenades, Dynamite, Gunpowder, Flares, Fireworks And Lookalike Items etc.
Radioactive, Infectious,Toxic Substances, Corrosives
Chlorine, Bleacher, Oxidizers, Mercury, Contagious Hazards, Radioactive Materials etc.
Gases, Flammable Items
Matches, Lighters, Flammable Liquid, Beverages Containing 70% Or More Alcohol By Volume etc.
Other Dangerous Items
Fire Extinguishers, Dry Ice (over 2.5 kg), Lithium Battery For Electronic Equipments (>160 Wh or >8g lithium) etc.
2. PROHIBITED ITEMS ON CABIN BAGGAGE
Sharp Objects, Weapons
Knife, Sword, Box Cutter, Dart, Scissors etc.
Firearms And Lookalike Items
All Types Of Firearms, Parts Of Firearms, Ammunition, Stun Guns, Imitation Firearms, Toy Guns etc.
Crowbar, Shovels, Drills/Screwdrivers, Blow Torch, Blades Or Shafts Longer Than 6 cm, Wrenches, Spanners, And Pliers Longer Than 10cm In Total Length etc.
Bats (baseball, billiards), Hockey Sticks, Golf Clubs, Martials Art Items, Batons, Self-Defense Sprays (mace/pepper) etc.
3.DO NOT PUT IN CHECKED BAGGAGE
Currency, Jewelry, Camera, Laptop, Mobile Phones, Lithium Battery For Electronic Equipments (E.G Power Bank) etc.
An email has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. To complete your subscription, please click to on the link in the email.
Return to Vietnam Airline HomePage